KNOW YOUR RISK TO PREVENT DUST EXPLOSIONS WITH THE HELP OF OUR COMBUSTIBLE DUST TESTING SERVICES
Organisations that are aware of the hazards of combustible dusts and how to manage or eliminate the dangers they pose can effectively avoid the catastrophic effects of dust explosions: loss of life and property, injury, damages, interrupted production, litigation and adverse publicity. Unfortunately, these incidents occur all too frequently, indicating a lack of sensitivity to the topic and perhaps a lack of access to appropriate expertise.
Our engineers have a strong background in combustible dust issues and testing, strengthened through years of experience. We offer a comprehensive package of services, helping you to identify hazardous materials and to assess associated risks. Testing, which we carry out in our own state-of-the-art laboratories, is a start, but interpreting the data and translating our findings into practical solutions through expert consulting and training is our strength. Whether advising you on the choice and design of explosion protection systems, performing risk assessments or recommending training, we never lose sight of the big picture: a safe and secure working environment within a thriving organisation.
The knowledge and resources we bring in as a global organisation make us a natural choice for companies looking for a reliable partner to address process safety topics in general, and combustible dust challenges in particular. Our laboratories are ISO 9001 compliant and GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) certified, while our process safety experts combine the highest qualifications with experience and a real passion for the teamwork it takes to design sustainable safety solutions.
CONSULTANCY ADVICE AND TOP-OF-THE-LINE COMBUSTIBLE DUST TESTING
Our portfolio of services related to combustible dusts reflects our comprehensive approach to safety, encompassing consulting, testing and training. We offer expertise in:
- Hazard Identification
- Determining Combustibility and Explosibility Hazards
- Dust Hazard Analysis (DHA)
- Dust Hazard Management
- Training and Competence Development
- NFPA 652 Compliance
One of our consulting teams can help you select the most appropriate tests and the most cost-effective manner to respond to your needs. The combustible dust tests we offer include:
- Dust Explosion Screening
- Group Go/NoGo Classification: determines whether a powder or dust is explosible (Type Go) or non-explosible (Type No Go) when exposed to an ignition source when in the form of a dust cloud.
- Ignition Sensitivity
- Minimum Ignition Energy (MIE): determines the minimum energy of an electrostatic or mechanical spark capable of igniting dispersed dust under ambient conditions.
- Minimum Ignition Temperature (Cloud): determines the minimum temperature of a hot surface capable of igniting a dust cloud
- Minimum Ignition Temperature Layer (MIT Layer): determines the minimum temperature of a hot surface capable of igniting a powder layer (5 mm in depth).
- Flammable Limits
- Limiting Oxygen Concentration (LOC): determines the highest oxygen concentration at which ignition of dispersed dust at ambient temperature and pressure is not possible.
- Minimum Explosible Concentration (MEC): determines the minimum concentration of a dust at which ignition is possible.
- Explosion Severity
- Dust Explosion Severity: measures a powder’s explosion severity according to specific pressure parameters
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON COMBUSTIBLE DUST HAZARDS
Knowledge is safety when it comes to combustible dust. The risks of not knowing how dusts and powders react under process conditions can--and all too often do--involve fires and explosions with devastating effects. When the stakes are this high, it makes sense to seek out the advice and assistance of experts. We can help you get started on the path to greater safety by answering your questions on the hazards posed by combustible dusts, the best lines of defence, test selection and more.