Process Safety Management is the bedrock of good Process Safety Performance. We assess existing PSM programmes and either improve them or develop new ones tailored to your organisation.
The DEKRA Risk-Based Process Safety Engineering + Process Safety Management Strategy is designed to support companies in adopting the industry leading risk based approach to process safety. Our approach is to:
- Enable an organisation to gain a full understanding of the hazards and risks associated with their facilities and operations
- Enable an organisation to understand both the demand for and the resources required to implement and operate an effective process safety management system
- Enable an organisation to understand how the process safety culture within it influences day to day process safety activities
Elements of our Process Safety Management Strategy
The DEKRA Process Safety Management strategy will assist an organisation in moving from a compliance based approach to process safety (Seveso II, in Europe and 29 CFR 1010:119 and the EPA's risk management program in the US) to a risk based approach by addressing
Four Key 'Accident Prevention Pillars'
- Commitment to process safety - Specific tools for assessment
- Understand the hazards & risks - Safety engineering services built on 30 years expertise
- Manage those risks
- Continual learning from experience
Within each of these four pillars there are a number of risk-based process safety elements. Many of these elements are outlined in the American Institute of Chemical Engineer's (AIChE) Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS) G/Ls book, Guidelines for Risk Based Process Safety.