PROCESS SAFETY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM – PROTECT PEOPLE, THE ENVIRONMENT AND ASSETS
Most companies dealing with hazardous substances have adopted one or more versions of a process safety management model, but the fragmented approach reflected in most of these efforts is a root cause of the limited progress in reducing process incidents. The activities typically identified as PSM program elements are interdependent and must be tied together by overarching elements that ensure their effectiveness and sustainability.
Process Safety Management (PSM) regulations (as examples: OSHA 1910.119 in the U.S., and SEVESO Directive in Europe), and industry guidelines from many professional associations (such as the Center for Chemical Process Safety) drive PSM practices.
We shall not only assist you in meeting the legislative requirements for process safety management, but shall also provide our global process safety expertise to focus on developing and supporting an effective, integrated process safety management program specific to your needs.
Our approach looks holistically at PSM systems, the proficiency of facility staff at all levels, and organizational culture. Our experience has shown that this broader view of process safety helps ensure that a PSM program fits seamlessly into our clients’ business models and operations; is accepted and embraced by corporate management, staff, and employees; becomes a real part of a company’s culture; and is successfully implemented throughout the lifecycle of operations, to lower process risks
COMPREHENSIVE PROCESS SAFETY MANAGEMENT SUPPORT FOR SYSTEMIC AND SUSTAINABLE SAFETY
Through our global offices, located in twelve offices worldwide, we offer and can tailor the following process safety management services to your needs:
- Process safety management program development, implementation and improvement
- PSM auditing and compliance-gap identification (OSHA, Seveso, CCPS risk based process safety)
- PSM competency development program for employees at all levels
- Assessment of process safety culture and organizational reliability
- Process hazard analysis (HAZOP, LOPA, HAZID, what-if, checklist, FMEA, bow tie, fault tree)
- Quantitative risk assessment (QRA), including consequence modeling
- Facility siting studies
- Process safety information compilation, and assessment of adequacy
- Laboratory testing capabilities, to assess and document reactivity and flammability hazards
- Prestart-up safety reviews (PSSR)
- Evaluation of non-routine operations and permitting procedures
- Evaluation of emergency plans and practices
- Building code and fire code hazardous materials reviews
- Develop and review major accident hazard safety case reports
- Evaluation of SEVESO compliance reports
- Assessment of technical and organizational hazard-control measures
- Evaluation of the safety features in process design and control
- Study of operating and maintenance practices in the plant/field
- Assistance in the investigation of fire, explosion, reactivity, and PPE-inadequacy incidents
- Support in litigation, as an expert witness
Our process safety management consultants are process, chemical, and safety engineers with strong industry backgrounds, complemented by in-depth expertise in process safety. Together with our rigorous scientific approach, we highlight interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to solving problems. To this end, we offer our PSM program, supported by our worldwide offices, in a wide variety of languages, including English, Spanish, Chinese, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Arabic and Hindi.