Practical HAZOP Workshop
|Dates||08/05/2019 to 09/05/2019|
|Venue||RDM Training Plant|
In order to assess process risks in the (petro-)chemical industry, a practical and well trained HAZOP team is essential. The unique RDM Training Plant in Rotterdam is a real process installation which gives us the opportunity to train and exercise HAZOP skills in an efficient and practical way.
The RDM Training Plant is the first training facility of its kind, specially designed and built to train personnel in all aspects of safety in the (petro)chemical industry. The facility was reconstructed by using an idle rubber plant, consisting of process installations such as pumps, tanks, heat exchangers and distillation columns. The RDM Training Plant also exists as a 3D computer-model, with P&ID’s, layout drawings, etc. available for the whole installation.
A comprehensive explanation of what HAZOP is and how it fits in Process Safety Management (PSM) systems
Workshop 1 - Identification of potential loss of containment scenarios
- HAZOP with the help of P&ID’s, procedures etc.
- Compare the desktop HAZOP scenarios with the real field setup of the training plant
- Discover if there are other possible scenarios
Workshop 2 - Estimate the consequences of the identified scenarios
- By discussion within the team in the training room
- By seeing the actual release from the installation
- By comparing the own found results with the computer models of the scenarios with prepared PHAST™ dispersion calculations.
Workshop 3 - Estimation of the frequency of the found scenarios
- By group discussion, as is done in reality during HAZOPs
- Followed by comparing the obtained results with typical guidelines and failure data sources
Workshop 4 - Developing good recommendations
- Inherently Safe(r) Design concepts
- Mechanical Safety Provisions
- Instrumental Safety Provisions
- Procedural Safety Provisions
All those involved in participating in HAZOP teams, e.g.: engineers, technicians, chemists, operators, supervisors, HSE professionals.
A key aspect to our courses is for our delegates to gain the knowledge and solutions applicable to their own situations, so numbers are capped to ensure we have sufficient time for your feedback and early booking is therefore recommended.
Registration: Click Here