Business Development Executive - Permanent
Based: Phi House, Southampton
DEKRA Process Safety is a world leader in process safety testing and consultancy. Within the UK the company has fully equipped laboratory and office facilities on the outskirts of Southampton, in the beautiful setting of Southampton Science Park. We serve blue chip global companies with expert services across a range of industrial sectors from our businesses on four continents.
A career with us is never dull and offers unlimited opportunities for people with the desire to succeed who want to work with a forward thinking, customer-focused company. For over thirty years we have provided specialist services for the identification, analysis, prevention and management of fires, explosions and accidental chemical releases in the chemical and process industry.
Working as an integral part of the existing Business Development Team, you will be responsible for sales & business development activity within your territory, from initial enquiry through to quote generation. You will be responsible for performing customer site visits & sales report generation and for scoping customer requirements from a commercial perspective. A proven ability to build and enhance customer relationships is essential as you will also play a key role in converting clients into key accounts. Technical knowledge development is a pivotal requirement for success. Being able to liaise with clients at a technical level by learning and understanding process safety science is a pre-requisite. The successful candidate will be degree qualified in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or another scientific discipline, with at least 7 years technical sales exposure working within an engineering/ chemical process safety sector/ manufacturing environment.
The position will involve working closely with colleagues in the Consulting, Laboratory, Accounting and Business Development Support functions and will include the attendance of regular EMEA Sales Team meetings.
- Developing and implementing customer and product specific sales plans in collaboration with the Business Development Manager
- Identifying, developing and realising sales revenue with new Customers, business and product opportunities
- Selling consulting service (HAZOP, DSEAR/ATEX, OBRA, COMAH, Human Factors), laboratory testing and instruments
- Issuing quotations and converting these to sales revenue
- Providing a focal point for contact with the Customer base
- Developing and maintaining a personal contact database with information to be made available to SAP users
- Identifying and developing opportunities for allied business units such as JCI and members of the DEKRA partnership in collaboration with other members of the Business Development team
- Attending exhibitions, conferences, etc. as agreed with the Business Development Manager
- Managing day to day sales at accounts in collaboration with other members of the Business Development & Marketing team to maximise the overall business development and sales performance
Benefits include: competitive salary, 25 days holiday entitlement, company car, contributory company pension scheme, target based bonus scheme and life assurance cover. Normal hours of work are 08:45 to 17:00 Monday to Thursday & 08:45 to 15:10 Friday.
We regret that due to the large number of applications received we will be unable to reply to all candidates individually. Therefore, if you do not receive a reply within five working days of the closing date please be aware that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we thank you for your interest in DEKRA.
No Agencies please
Important Notice to Search Firms: DEKRA Process Safety does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities, regardless of any past practices. All unsolicited resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or hiring manager at DEKRA Process Safety via e-mail, the Internet, or in any other form of communication shall be deemed to be a resume submitted by the individual identified therein and shall not be subject to any fees attributed to that submission by the search firm. For the avoidance of doubt, DEKRA Process Safety shall not pay any fees for any candidate resume submission without a valid, written and fully executed search agreement between the search firm making the submission and DEKRA Process Safety.