Competence development and training in process safety
The DEKRA Process Safety Academy provides training in all areas of process safety and critically embeds and supports classroom learning with a range of peripheral support activities designed to ensure that internal competence is developed, demonstrable and sustainable. To this end, we incorporate various learning methodologies, including public courses and events, tailored in-house courses, e-learning and computer-based training and competence development programs.
Our expertise covers a wide range of sectors, including:
- food processing
- oil and gas
- rubber and related industries.
We are also equipped to deliver instruction at a variety of competence levels, starting with awareness and moving on to basic, advanced and expert. This way we customize each course according to the audience, whether
- front line operators
- or directors.
Every department in your organization can benefit from our training program. We have worked with members of production, maintenance, engineering, HSE, R&D, laboratory as well as contractors. As a result of our global presence, instruction can be delivered in many world languages: Chinese, English, French, German, Dutch, Italian and Spanish. With more than 30 years of expertise, our highly qualified team of learning experts, senior practitioners and scientists make us the global experts in process safety who care about your learning.
Process safety trainings in five core areas
We provide process safety trainings in the following core areas:
1. Legislation and regulation
- SEVESO / COMAH / DSEAR / OSHA / CLP / GHS / transportation
- NFPA 652 - Standard on fundamentals of combustible dust - Understanding the requirements of this new NFPA 652
2. Understanding process safety hazards
- Flash fire and explosion hazards during handling of flammable liquids and gases
- Combustible dust hazards: Prevention and protection
- Chemical hazards assessment and the prevention of runaway reactions
- Electrostatic hazards: Assessment and control of ignition risks
3. Hazard identification and risk analysis
- HAZOP (Member/Leader)
- Process Hazard Analysis (HAZID, What-if, LOPA, FMEA)
- Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA)
- Consequence modelling and toxic dispersion
4. Hazard mitigation and management programs
- Functional safety management, LOPA and SIL assessment
- Emergency relief systems, blowdown and pressure vessels
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Process safety metrics and leading indicators
- Process Safety Management system auditing
- Management of change
- Incident investigation
5. Working in hazardous areas
- Understanding hazards and working safely in hazardous areas
- Hazardous Area Classification (HAC)
- Electrical and mechanical equipment selection for hazardous areas
- Design, selection and maintenance of equipment in hazardous areas (advanced)
- Erection and maintenance in hazardous areas
- Inspection and maintenance in hazardous areas
Competence development in process safety
Competence in process safety is increasingly viewed as critical. We provide you with tailor-made programmes to develop the skills of your employees, because we know that training alone does not drive competence.
In our competence development program, your employees are sensitized for process safety issues and made familiar with the topics. Through practical reinforcement, knowledge is embedded and maintained by follow-ups and access to content.